Colorectal Cancer Facts
- Colorectal cancer is over 90% preventable when detected early.
- Second only to lung cancer, colorectal cancer is a leading cause of
cancer related deaths in the United States.
- Each year there are more deaths from colorectal cancer than from breast
cancer and AIDS combined.
- Over 90% of colon cancers develop from benign polyps.
- According to the American Cancer Society an estimated 50,000 to 55,000 men and
women in America will die from colorectal cancers this year.
- Between 150,000 to 155,000 new cases of colon cancer will be detected each year
- Only 50% of the screening age population is getting screened